Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Yay its sunny!

Yay its sunny and the weather is good! It was nice yesterday too, but there was still some snow on the ground. The snow is gone for the most part. On my ride yesterday I went off-road as I usually like to do but ended up in some pretty wet snow. I was fishtailing and barely had any traction on my back wheel, which is a street tire so smooth (vs knobbly) and not great for getting a grip on snow - makes for a real challenge as you struggle to keep momentum and balance while trying to control your direction and not end up in a snow bank / mega-puddle / mini-lake / stream caused by all the melting snow.

I tried out my helmet cam the other day (video here) but am still dealing with it being too shakey. Maybe if my helmet was tighter.. The footage of it attached to the bike looked like an earthquake so it'll never see the light of day. This video was okay, too much footage of the ground but its got some nice shots of the forest and the coastline at the end, plus I found some music that matches the length perfectly. Why is there no website where you type in the duration you are looking for and it tells you all the options of music fitting that length? UGH.

The cat is doing much better. Still gets all meowy but is being much more patient, or at least has figured out that he dislikes the spray bottle even more than not being allowed outside to play in traffic. I usually snap with fingers aggressively, clap or say "NO" sharply a couple times before spraying - he almost doesn't need the last step any more. Showing great progress. Also got him a few more toys to play with - one is a dangley spider with magnets in it and on its base that keep its momentum and erratic movement going for ages. He's only mildly interested when im around, but twice the spider has been pulled right off its stick so I think its getting some action. I looked for an autonomous moving lazer but cant find the 20$ one.. only a 50$ deluxe version that also rubs your pets belly and tells him he's a good boy.

My demo reel is the same as it has been for a couple days. No progress. I am getting some more material from a friend back in Ottawa (hopefully) sometime tomorrow. Its unreleased stuff that I have yet to see at all, but he says its good. Hopefully it'll give me what I need to get this done and another duck in the row. I'm going to go farer field to see what else I can dig up via networking (people networking, not searching bleakly on the internet).

No comments:

Post a Comment