Sunday, 9 February 2014

Early Febuary

Its way past my bedtime. I've been sitting in front of a new computer screen reading monologues- think I can pull off this Regina one from Mean Girls? I don't know. I'd be having trouble sleeping if I had tried, but I haven't due to excitement and nervousness and thinking about what to fill the next few months with.

The last three weeks were spent in Chilliwack - a short trip inland from my current room full of new furnishings here in Vancouver. I stayed there with my sister the Doctor, her RCMP constable husband, and their two kids (aged 2 and 4). It was a blast, especially compared to the time previous in another freezing Ottawa winter, where the typical existential angst of someone with too much time on their hands and nothing to do with it was making things.. well.. uncomfortable. Before that I had a job working for "the man" - doing I.T in I.P and learning about what a 9-5 in the nations capital is all about. Before that I did a bunch of other stuff that's both terribly exciting and feels like so long ago that it might as well all be someone else story. Technically I'd been around the world enough times before the age of 10 qualify as a time traveller, and if you believe my 4 year old nephew.. I can BREATHE UNDERWATER.

So I was reading monologues, and trying to remember ones I already know. Was led to that with the renewed reminder that my demo reel all edited together is going to be roughly 7 seconds long, unless I include material from 15+ years ago.. Before that I was looking at local talent agents, and before that viewing a variety of Vancouver acting related resources: things filming locally, union stuff, casting directors or production companies who might find my specific skill-set useful, improv events I can drop into, workshops to help "hone my craft" (or help me go broke faster) and misc imdb errata. Very verily, I need to put down the keyboard and go to bed. I know this because my mind is chargin' like a lazer, not going into sleep mode and there are literally a billion tabs open in my browser. At least none of them are facebook or imgur - points for that.

So for real though - im going to finish writing this and get into my new second hand bed with new first hand high thread count sheets and down duvet. Tomorrow is the first day of me being in this city alone. Alone-ish. Alone like a tree in the forest. I'm going to ride my bike by the ocean, get some groceries and tea, do some weightless exercises like planking and reps of blinking really hard to make my eyelids POP, and then maybe go to a party. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment